An Integrated Management System (IMS) is regarded as the ultimate in management systems, combining all an organisation’s policies, procedures and other documentation into one place.
Despite the respect afforded to this concept, only relatively few organisations actually have one in place. This is rather puzzling when you consider the significant benefits it can offer:
- A true ‘one-stop shop’ for all documentation; no need to go searching through different systems for a Health & Safety document, and then in another for an Environmental procedure; they’re all in one place.
- Removes duplication of common procedures; why have several document control procedures when you can just have one?
- Minimisation of costs associated with the system, notably administrative effort and costs of any certifications/accreditations held.
- Competitive advantage; an IMS sends a message to prospective and existing clients that your business is well organised, effective and forward-focused.
For many organisations, whilst achieving integration at an individual procedural level can be time-consuming, many of the tasks associated with merging existing systems are administrative in nature. Developing a new IMS from scratch is no more difficult than writing an individual Quality, Environmental or Safety Management System.
Alpha Swanson has unparalleled experience in this field. Our founding directors have produced numerous Integrated Management Systems for operational and office-based companies alike.
We will work with you to understand your business, and existing systems before proposing an achievable project plan to achieve full integration. Alpha Swanson will take the strain out of the administrative tasks associated with the work and advise on issues regarding certifications and accreditations.
The best way to find out how we can add value to your business is to get in touch. Contact our friendly team to book your initial consultation where we’ll discuss your individual business requirements and create a bespoke proposal based on your needs.
Combining one or more certifications into an Integrated Management System can lead to the following benefits:
- Cost Savings
- Improved Efficiency
- Competitive Edge
- Consolidated and Improved system Performance
- Reduce Cost of Public Liability Insurance
- Improved Communication