Clive Cuthbertson CMIOSH MIIRSM
A chartered member of the institution of occupational safety and health, and a motivated safety, people and performance manager with over 25 years’ experience of working in the private sector. I am passionate about people’s safety and believe I have a flexible and engaging style. I also have a strong construction and maintenance background which allows me to view the world from both a practical as well as a compliance focused perspective.
Prior to founding Alpha Swanson with my good friend Dr. Jon Tait I worked for Yorkshirewater for over 15 years.
I have held positions in:
- Health and Safety
- Maintenance Strategy & Innovation
- ICA Operations
- Plant Engineering
Prior to Yorshirewater I was Works Superintendent at York Waterworks and was responsible to for the drinking water supply to the city of York for almost 10 years.
Now I help organisations achieve success through compliance.
Dr. Jonathan Tait
I have worked in the QESH environment for over 20 years, and consequently built a respected reputation for a pragmatic approach to the subject area and a track record of delivering knowledge-based management systems, certificated to ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and now ISO45001.
Prior to founding Alpha Swanson, I was Quality, Environmental, Safety & Health (QESH) Manager for Kelda Water Services from Jan 2006 to May 2015.
Key responsibilities included:
- Central provision of safety, health and environmental (SHE) advice and support across the Kelda Water Services Group.
- Development of credible integrated management systems throughout the Group.
- Accountable for certifications to ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and other standards throughout the Group.
- Management of corporate risk methodologies and business continuity documentation.
As System Director at Alpha Swanson I have now helped many organisations implement these standards, resulting in greater management controls and subsequent business opportunities.